Monday, November 7, 2016

Bird Watching - Kitty TV


I don't know about you, but I love birds. Not caged birds but the beautiful song birds sitting in the tree outside the living room window.  Apparently, little Miss Alice does too.  This morning when my husband opened the front door to head for work, he said, "There are two Juncos!"

Juncos? Oh boy. We haven't seen one in a long time.  We have a feeder but it doesn't get as much action as the feeders at our former home. It's too busy here. Alice was thrilled as I held her to the storm door after John left for work. When I put her down, it was obvious she didn't plan to move from her perfect bird watching site so I grabbed my camera to record her reaction to the birds.
I wanted to take pics of the birds as well but I am afraid I scared them away. Alice stayed at the door watching the birds all morning and afternoon. Later, I joined her again and was delighted to see two tufted titmice, a purple finch and mourning doves.Want to learn more about the birds who dine at your birdfeeder? Cornell's All About Birds is my go-to-reference. Check out the many ways you can help feed birds this winter. If you are like me, you will want to keep a list of birds with date and time of their visit. It is fun to watch for the occassional seasonal bird who stops by on his way south or north according to the season. It is fascinating. Join Miss Alice and I as we watch birds this year. Maybe the Maine Coons will join us at the door too.  Happy bird watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews